Many will agree that a car is a comfy, fast, roomy, speedily available mode of personal transport. With the latest technologies incorporated, they have turned out to be a miniature home-on-wheels. Some are so passionate about their cars, that the thought of driving any other is a nightmare for them.
There are certain precautions to be taken before handing over your car to the transportation company:
- Before signing the legal papers, read the terms and conditions carefully.
- Check the clause that specifies the compensation that will be offered, in case of any kind of damage to the automobile.
- Photograph your car from all sides before handing it over to the company. Make sure the photographs are dated. This may serve as a proof in case of any legal complications.
- Check for any hidden costs involved in delivering the car to your doorstep.
- Do not rely on verbal commitments.
- If shifting to another country, check if your vehicle fits the local vehicle norms. If not, inquire about the procedure to get your vehicle permitted.
- Inquire about the duty taxes, port charges, storage charges, delivery charges, etc.
Automobile transportation companies have proved to be a boon for us in many ways. It has given many a choice for moving their favorite car to any place in the world, irrespective of how far the destination is.