A one way cargo van becomes a necessity when you’re moving locally or dropping stuff off at an off-site event, especially when you cannot return the vehicle back from where you started. Hence, one way cargo van rentals for such tasks are the best option.
Generally, one way rental cargo vans do not transport cargo long distances, such as when you’re moving from one state to another. They’re ideal for local or off-site movement where you have to cargo a few boxes such as for an event or if you’re just moving locally.
A one way cargo van or a cargo trailer is the best option that you can choose to effectively move all that you can with a minimum amount of road trip damage. Using one way cargoes are great for the fact that you don’t need to return the cargo van on your own. The van is either driven back by the rental service driver or, is put to service in another locality.
When you’re moving from one place to another, you will need to make arrangements for the transport in advance, so that it’s available when you’re done packing. Otherwise, all your stuff’s going to be packed and because of no confirmation from the cargo company, you’re left with all your stuff packed waiting at home.
In such cases you’re going to have no choice but take whatever comes your way. Hence, plan ahead and make sure you inquire with all the moving companies, because not all rental services offer long-distance one way cargo van rentals. Now let’s have a look a few rental services that offer such vans for short-haul deliveries.
One Way Cargo Rentals for Small Jobs
Here are a few companies that offer one way cargo rentals that are perfect for local and off-site services.
This company offers a cargo van facility that is perfect for small delivery jobs that can be undertaken locally. Their vans feature a two seating capacity, with a cargo capacity to fit approx. 230 cubic feet of space. It has all the standard features fitted in such as air-conditioning and safety devices, along with a gentle ride suspension. Their vans offer a decent mileage of 16 mpg.
Budget offers one way rental cargo vans that are meant specifically for local deliveries only. Their vans too feature a 1-2 seating capacity, along with a huge cargo space of around 300 cubic feet. Fitted with standard features and available with an auto-transmission, they roll at a mileage of 8-14 mpg. They come fitted with a lift gate, however, for that you need to check with the local Budget office.
The cargo van rentals offered by Avis are slightly lesser in cargo size compared to the above two. They offer a cargo space of approx. 200 cubic feet. However, they make up for that in their fuel economy range by offering a decent 19 mpg.
Hiring a one way cargo van is a great option that could turn out expensive if done with no knowledge of the exact procedure of a one way cargo rental. The best source of getting a cheap one way cargo van is of course the Internet. There are websites of various cargo rental companies that offer one way cargo vans on rent. Select the best suited one for you and make sure you have all the paperwork in order.
The following are the features of one way cargo vans:
- One way cargo rentals are extremely cost-effective. This service is best suited for people who are looking for a combination of a cargo trailer that can accommodate some stuff, with a group of people as well.
- Such rentals are always suitable for people who are looking for family relocation, family outings and college moves. They are a great call for those who want to move things within a city or off-site.
- A single cargo van can carry goods up to 30 goods boxes (almost 15 large, 10 medium and 5 small-sized boxes). In addition to such a huge space, these vans are especially designed with a technique that helps you protect your priceless possessions from getting damaged due to the travel.
While planning for a cargo van rental, make sure you get in touch with car rentals that are within your reach and not far from the location where you are going to board the luggage. Keep in mind the route that you are going to opt for the journey.
- Go through the websites that provide cargo van rental services and compare the best features amongst them. Make sure you crack the cheapest deal which fulfills all your requirements.
- When deciding upon a one way cargo van, make sure to jot down a checklist of your requirements and the features of the cargo van. Call the cargo van company or visit their office if it is nearby.
- These car rental companies will send you the cargo van within a few hours of your booking, but as a precaution, make sure you book your one way cargo van much in advance.
Some rental companies also send executives to help you with the cargo van, which is an advantage because he/she will explain the process to you in case you’re wondering how it works. Finally, choose a van that’s according to your budget.
One way cargo van rentals are perfect for light deliveries that entail apartment or business related moves. Though available for long-haul travel, one way cargo vans are normally used only for short within city limits transport. If you have a lot of luggage to move, then you can also go in for a one way cargo trailer rental. One way cargo rentals are cheaper with more space and added features.