Importance of Trailer Parts
▪ As the proud new owner of a trailer, the most critical action would be those that help connect the trailer to the vehicle that is towing it. Among others, these parts would include the hitch, whether it is a weight-distributing hitch or the weight-carrying one.
▪ Along with the main hitch, the hitch assembly would also consist of a hitch ball, safety chains, and a coupler. When talking about the weight-distributing hitches, there are extra components involved like the shank, spring bar, sway controls, and receiver.
▪ Apart from the hitch, there are many other different types of parts that are equally important and that run from the vehicle to the trailer, like the brake system, the brake controller and the electrical system. In the brake system, you have the brake controller that helps by controlling the various discs and drum brakes within the trailer.
▪ The electrical system is made up of wires that run right from the vehicle to the trailer and control the turn signals and the trailer lights. Other crucial parts would include the tires and wheels. There are other types of parts but these are generally the minor parts and they are not as critical for the safety and performance as the parts mentioned.
▪ Always make sure that the parts, whether they are brand new or used, are in good working condition. This is probably the best way to prevent mishaps and accidents from taking place. Every time, one or more of these parts deteriorates or gets damaged, they should be repaired or replaced before driving.
Adorning your Trailer with Accessories
Before going ahead and buying a new trailer, you need to ask yourself a couple of questions. Are you looking for luxury or the basic accessories? Most RV enthusiasts start by buying a trailer that comes with only the basic accessories.
But there are other options available too like:
- Different sized beds
- Refrigerator and freezer
- Trash compactor
- Whirlpool bath
- Upgraded insulation for hot summers, or cold winters
- Full entertainment center
- Internet-ready computer station
- Closed circuit rear view camera
- Full bath with shower
- Washer and dryer
- Furnace and air-conditioning
- Higher BTU furnace
- Outdoor and indoor speakers
- Satellite dish
- Hydraulic leveling system
- Security system
- Patio awning
- Basement storage, etc.
▪ If you require a protective layer for your outdoor gear, then you can order for a cover. Other accessories include, sheepskin travel pillow, steering wheel and seat!
Apart from the huge sums of money you will save up on trips, going RV'ing will give you more comfort, control and convenience than any other form of travel. When buying a trailer, make sure you do your homework before going and go to different websites to see what kinds of parts and accessories they are offering.