A car, even a used one, is a very convenient and popular mode of transport. Due to the increase in commuters, public transport has become non-dependable in times of emergency. The use of a car makes traveling easier, faster, and more comfortable.
Most people would like to buy the car, which they have dreamed about for so long. People with a deep pocket and a good bank balance can always afford a new car. However, for those who can't afford a new car, as they are usually expensive, buying a used car is always the best recourse.
- The cost of a used car is always less than that of a new car.
- Used cars are also priced in a very flexible manner, and hence, the price is always open to bargaining. You will be able to purchase a decent car for yourself, within an affordable budget, by just doing a little bargaining.
- The options are many, as used cars are available in the vehicle market in huge numbers.
- The sellers or the car dealers always strike a bargain that's profitable to them. So, before bargaining about the price; always make sure that the condition of the car is good.
- You need to make sure that you are getting the right value for your money.
What is a Used Car Title Search?
- While buying a used car, you need to be careful, as the dealer can swindle you into paying more than what's necessary.
- Most sellers manipulate the details to inflate the price of the car. There are instances where sellers forge used car transfer documents to cover up any untoward incidents related with damages, theft, etc.
- A used car title search is the best way to ensure that you are buying the right car.
- It is a tool to ensure that the complete information, including any details left out by the dealer, is available to the buyer.
- It helps the buyer to know the complete information about the car.
- With the rising demand for this kind of information, many on-line companies have initiated this feature, in order to help buyers do on-line checks on prospective cars.
- These on-line companies provide a complete history report that includes key information like the make and model of the car, the date of purchase, etc.
- This information is accumulated by these companies after accessing a huge database of information, made available by different sources.
- The used car title search process is completely dependent on an alpha numeric number, known as the Vehicle Index Number or VIN.
Vehicle Index Number
- A vehicle index number is a unique number having 17 characters in an alphanumeric sequence. This number, being unique, is not only applicable to a car but also for all other vehicles.
- A used car title search process uses this number to find out the year of manufacture, the model and other important details.
- This number is etched on the chassis of the car and is also mentioned on the title document. The whole process of a used car title search is based on these numbers.
Tips While Conducting a Used Car Title Search
- Always confirm that the VIN, found on the dashboard and the engine chassis, is the same as the one on the documents.
- You need to know details of previous owners, accident reports, odometer rollback checks, and other details, like the VIN decoder, which shows details about vehicle's manufacture and origin.
- You should thoroughly examine documents, like the title certificate, which is related to the ownership and history of the car.
- You need to make sure that the car has not been involved in any accident, or if it is stolen. Also make sure that it is not labeled as beyond salvage; as such vehicles lose 30% of the market value.
- You should crosscheck information with sources such as the Department of Motor Vehicles, the police department, car dealers, manufacturers, etc.
With all the information that's been made available, you can proceed on your quest to buy yourself a decent and good, used car, without a lot of hassles.