If you are an automobile freak, then you know for sure that the companies Honda and Yamaha are stalwarts in their own respect. In this article, we do the unthinkable; we try to draw a comparison between the two.
Honda and Yamaha are two of the best companies that have their products in almost all kinds of industries, especially automobiles and their machinery. Honda Motor Company, Ltd. is a Japanese company believed to be the sixth largest automobile company in the world. It produces cars, motorcycles, ATVs, scooters, robotic systems, outboard motors, jet engines, generators, and many other appliances. On the other hand, Yamaha Motor Company is also a renowned Japanese manufacturer of motorbikes, ATVs, boats, outboard motors, snowmobiles, watercrafts, and so on. Since, it’s hard to rate the better of the two, we will just have a general overview of a few product models from both the companies.
- Has a 282cc engine and 5 manual gears with reverse
- Suitable option for small-built riders
- Comes at a reasonable price of $4900
Yamaha Raptor 350
- Has 6 manual gears with reverse
- Bigger size of the Yamaha is a good option for large-built people
- Higher engine capacity and six gears on the Raptor give more flexibility in riding, when compared to the Honda
- Comes at a price of $5,499
This model of outboard motor is a result of a modification of the Honda Accord’s 2.3-liter, four-cylinder engine.
- Weighs around 496 pounds; therefore, is heavier than other outboard motors in its class
- Long-stroke design contributes a lot to a quieter functioning and good fuel efficiency
- Has a 1.74-liter, 115 hp 4-stroke inline outboard motor
- Weighs about 407 pounds; hence, is lighter and smaller as compared to its competitor
- Noisier and a bit slower performance-wise, but 0.6 mph faster than the Honda
- Equipped with a 4-stroke engine
- Weighs around 215 pounds, and is less heavier than its counterpart
- Generates a power of 37 hp
- Easier to handle in comparison to Yamaha, but loses out on the speed factor
- Fuel tank capacity is 1.5 gallons
- Armed with a 2-stroke engine which performs better than that of the Honda’s
- Weighs around 229 pounds
- Produces a power of more than 45 hp
- Fuel tank capacity of 2.1 gallons
With regards to handling and a comfortable ride, the CBR1000RR is better than the YZF-R1.
- Fuel tank capacity is 4.5 gallons
- Cheaper and comes at a starting price of $11,000
- Much faster than the Honda
- Can accommodate 4.8 gallons of fuel
- Approximate price is around $13,500
The superbikes of both Honda and Yamaha are quality competitors, with each having their own style and performance.
These are some basic factors that can be considered in a Honda vs. Yamaha product offering. Since both the companies are tough competitors, their machines will continue to be compared by consumers who demand top-class performance.