A rubbing compound is used on cars to get rid of minor scratches and retain the luster of the paint. Know how to use rubbing compound for your car to make it look shiny and new.
Do not use rubbing compounds on matte paint as they are likely to spoil the finish and make your car look pale and faded.
Sometimes your car could be an embarrassment, especially if it’s all dusty and unclean. If you got to attend a very important party or social gathering, your car should necessarily match your level of prestige and dignity. A dirty car would make a real bad impression, and would leave you feeling miserable.
A good way to deal with an unclean car is to buff or polish it with some rubbing compound. Rubbing compounds help to get rid of dirt deposits that make the paint look dull and faded, and freshen the color of your car making it look shiny and sparkling. They are also useful to remove minor scratches and stains.
Use a rubbing compound on your car by referring to the steps given below.
How to Use a Rubbing Compound
- Begin with washing the car. Use a good car shampoo and soap the car thoroughly, following which you can rinse the car and allow it to dry under the sun.
- You’ll need to buy a good rubbing compound; look for products from popular companies like Turtle or 3M. You could either apply the compound with a buffer or by hand using a terry/microfiber cloth.
- Take about a teaspoon of compound on the buffing pad or the cloth, and work in small sections (1-2 ft.), ultimately covering the whole car. Apply the compound in a circular motion, and not in straight strokes as it could leave stains later.
- You could ideally begin with the top and then buff all the way to the sides, and not the converse, as you would have to lean over to clean the roof, with most of the previously applied compound ending up on your clothes.
- Work each section thoroughly till the compound is gone. After completing a section, rinse it with water and wipe it with a microfiber cloth.
- Once you finish the whole car, check for any spots that you missed or need a little more shine, and work on them again.
- Once done, you could rinse the whole car and let it sun dry to get rid of any leftover compound.
Apply some wax for a glaze, and arrive in style at the next party or social gathering.