Cars are loved by all. But have you ever thought of some interesting car facts? Well, don’t worry now you can know some great car facts which only some bright minds know. Use these facts to be popular among your friends and also improve your general knowledge about cars.
They are known as one of the best innovations by man. Cars are something that is close to every owner’s heart. We never forget our first car, it doesn’t matter if it’s the 1961 Volkswagen or the 2010 BMW 5 series. To own a car is a big thing, it is a status symbol. I have always believed that technology has created more problems than it has solved, but when you talk about cars you can’t stop thanking the brilliant minds who thought of making it. Each family has a lot of sentiments attached with their cars, a couple’s first drive together, the first family picnic, etc. These special moments are something that you would never forget. However, most of us are not aware about the few facts that we should all know.
Did you know that the first generation classic cars which were developed in the mid 16th century didn’t had a steering wheel, people used to drive these cars with the help of a lever. Shocking, isn’t it? I guess, most of you never knew that. In this piece of information, you’ll get to know more such interesting cars facts. So let’s read…
Interesting Facts about Cars
Now most of us know the major brands of cars in the market, but do you know who invented the first ever car? Learn more facts like these and improve your knowledge.
- The word “automobile” is a mixture of the French word ‘auto’ which means self and “mobile” which means moving.
- The first car was invented in the year 1672 by Ferdinand Verbiest.
- The fastest time that was taken to remove a car engine and replacing it with a new one was 42 seconds. This historic incident occurred on 21st November 1985 and the car was a Ford Escort.
- The windshield wipers which are an important component of every car was introduced by a woman.
- It’s a known fact that top fuel engines accelerate up to 5 g from standing start. The nitromethane injection gives you 6000 BHP.
- The most crowded roads in Europe can be founded in the country of Luxembourg with 570 cars per 1000 people.
- The first Japanese car to be manufactured in the US was the Honda Accord in November 1982.
- The laws and regulations on car speeding started in 1865 when laws for speed were developed in UK. The law was known as “Locomotive Act” and it was developed to restrict the speed of horse less vehicles to 2 mph in towns and 4 mph in the country side.
- In the year 1925, a Ford automobile would cost only $625.
- Ford Motor Company only made 107 models of the Ford GT40 of which 7 were on road cars.
- The world’s longest traffic jam happened in 1980 between Paris and Lyon on the French Autoroute. The jam was 110 miles long and the most recent event of traffic hold up was stretched to 100 miles and it happened near Hamburg in Germany in 1993.
- The world’s cheapest car is manufactured in India and is called the “TATA Nano”.
- The world’s first auto insurance policy was bought in 1897 in Westfield, Massachusetts
- The airbag takes only 40 milliseconds to inflate after an accident.
- The most expensive car in the world is the Bugatti Veyron super sport which is priced at $2,500,000.
Car Facts for Kids
Kids always love to know some fun and interesting facts and all kids love cars. This is their favorite mode of transportation which has made even school trips fun and easy. So here are some interesting facts about automobiles for your young ones to know.
- The Toyota Corolla had one of the most amazing sales in the history of cars. It sold a record number of 30 million cars before it was replaced by the Toyota Yaris. The sales number of Corolla has been one of the most amazing events in the history of Toyota.
- In 1916, 55% of the world’s cars were T Ford’s. This record is still unbeaten.
- The automobile is the most recycled product in the world.
- The first speeding ticket was given in the year 1902.
- Over 90% of the car owners admit to singing while they were driving.
- Japan produced the most type of cars in 2006.
- The first road traffic death happened in 1896 when a lady died after getting hit by a passing car.
- The first car radio was invented in the year 1929, it was called “Motorola”.
- Ferrari only builds 14 cars each day.
- The Ford Puma is the first Ford car which is entirely designed on a computer.
- On an average, human beings spend around 2 weeks of their time waiting for traffic lights to turn green.
- The first automobile accident occurred in 1769 and the damaged vehicle is still preserved in the Conservatoire Nationale des Arts et Metiers in Paris.
So these were few interesting car facts for you people. Hope you enjoyed reading them; well there are plenty more to dig out, so if you find out something that you want to share, please leave your comments.