Wondering what a transmission flush machine is and how to go about using it? This article will aid you to understand this concept in detail. Read on and spruce up your knowledge.
Automated cars, automated washing machines, automated egg beaters … you name it and you have it in the automated version. If you thought you were moving with time, you may probably be right, however, if you thought technology was moving with time, sadly my mate, you are wrong. This is indeed not the case as your gray cells may prompt you to think. This is where you need to change your ideology.
Technology is moving with such incomprehensible velocity that it is tough for us to even imagine the scenario. There was a time when a machine required human interference. Manual transmission functions were prerequisites to having the machine function successfully. Vehicles for that matter, had certain functions that had to be dealt by human touch. In this epoch however, the scenario somersaults.
For instance, four wheelers consist of a number of lubricants such as brake oils, gear oil and engine oils. It is courtesy these lubricants that our journeys become smooth. The gear oil regulates the gears in order to maintain perfect harmony, not resorting to any friction in the gears of the car. The gears are an essential component in cars. It is due to the gears that we could keep the speed in check and regulate the same in motion. To focus on the gear box functioning, it consists of gear oil that makes the activity of changing gears smooth and convenient. The gear oil needs to be changed sporadically through the transmission flush machine.
Mechanics of Transmission Flush Machine
Transmission flush machines have made the task of changing the gear oils more convenient and less stressful. It is available in a number of varieties. Some machines are operated with the help of a battery backup. They are also qualified with in-line dipsticks that make the task all the more convenient. You may also find certain advanced automatic transmission machines that are equipped with inherent oil sensors that signals the quantity of oil that is required.
The predominant purpose of using this machine is to clean the oil gauge in order to get rid of impurities and discrepancies in the car gears. They also promote to have been oil savers as these flush machines do not believe in wasting oil; thereby being highly effective and efficient with oil management.
Self-produced Transmission Flush Machine
- Screwdriver or socket or ratchet (check the type of hose clamps).
- A 5 gallon bucket.
- A long funnel
- Owner’s manual
- Jack and jack stand
- Give your car a warm up session. This will get your car on to its optimal temperature when any type of operating functions can take place. Turn off your car.
- Place your vehicle on the jack stands by raising from its posterior and try to find where the transmission cooler lines are leading through the radiator.
- Now, with the 5 gallon bucket at your disposal, place it on the sides or the bottom of the radiator where the transmission cooler lines are situated.
- Pull the transmission cooler lines from the radiator, by loosening its hose clamps.
- When the transmission cooler lines are removed, you could resort to having the dipstick out as well. Place the long funnel into the tube. Ensure that the funnel is long enough to fit into the transmission tube.
- Referring to the owner’s manual, one could remove the caps from the transmission fluid flush. Start the vehicle and you will see the transmission fluid is being pumped out into the bucket.
- Now add the transmission fluid through the funnel that is placed into the tube. Ensure that the funnel does not dry up.
- You could now place the vehicle off the jack stand. Start the vehicle and let it run until it reaches its normal temperature where it could be operated upon.
- With the brake pedal, move all the gears and place it on the park mode.
- Place the dipstick into the transmission fluid and check if the fluid level conforms to the prescribed level of transmission fluid. If you have to add a little more fluid to reach up to the optimum level, do so.
- Drain off the transmission fluid if it exceeds the normal range of transmission fluid capacity.
- Stop running the vehicle and let loose the drain plug-in order to let off some transmission fluid.
- Place the drain plug back into its original position and check the fluid level.
Transmission flush machine offered by BG and WYNNS, for sale, oscillates between $2800 to $4000 approximately. Even though you have the choice of making a transmission machine, the automotive service stations advice the car owners to opt for a professional treatment for their car, as the transmission can take place smoothly with the help of their superior and sophisticated machines.