Low-income families find buying a car to be an expensive proposition, especially when owing one becomes essential to maintain a job or a livelihood. This WheelZine article has outlined some ways for low-income families to get a free car.
Ways to Work offers easy loans on used cars for low-income families after conducting a series of financial education workshops for the recipients. The program has benefited many low-income workers, successfully reducing their dependence on public transport as well as saving their time and money.
A few decades ago, owning a car was a luxury, a privilege owned by a selected few. Today, the world has progressed rapidly; having a car is no more a luxury, but has almost become a necessity. Stuck in the middle of an ultra-packed, rigid schedule of dropping your kids to school, getting to work at a far-off place, running to the supermarket, etc., you certainly do not have the time to take the public transport, most of the time. Hence, owning a car will help you commute faster and make your life less complicated.
However, families with low incomes may find it very difficult to own a vehicle. For this reason, a lot of donated cars for low-income families are available at government agencies. Not only government agencies, but there are are other sources too. In the following paragraphs, you will find a few ways for such families to own a vehicle for themselves.
- Apart from having a low income, there are other criteria too, which you may have to fulfill for a free car.
- If you are a victim of domestic violence, physical and emotional abuse, etc., you are eligible for a free car.
- If you have a modest income but are spending most of it on medical bills, or if you have a large family and comparatively less income, you are eligible.
- If you have been a victim of a natural disaster and are living on welfare, you can qualify for a free vehicle.
A number of organizations offer free cars, and you can contact them online, through the following sites
- Cars 4 Christmas
- Good News Garage
- Vehicles for Change
- 1-800-Charity Cars
- Online Car Donations Auto Charity
- Donate a Car today
- Modest Needs
Other Avenues to Obtain a Free Car
- One of the easiest ways is to contact the nearest church or any other religious organization.
- Churches often work towards raising funds for the needy and the less fortunate; they keep organizing fundraisers and are also in league with contacts who provide assistance.
- Contact them and explain your financial situation, explain why you need the vehicle.
- They will most certainly know of any donated vehicles that you can have. If they are not aware, they will find out and let you know where you can obtain one.
- Goodwill has been providing aid and assistance to the needy for a considerably long time.
- Approach them and explain your situation, they would be associated with local car dealerships and would definitely know of any free cars that you can have.
- Some people donate cars to Goodwill for a tax deduction, so they might already be equipped with a free vehicle, which you can obtain.
- There are plenty of government organizations and other welfare agencies that help families with low income.
- They can provide financial assistance for purchasing a modest car, or they can give you a car directly, depending on your current financial status.
- There are many charity organizations that receive used cars from the rich.
- In fact, philanthropists often donate good cars to charity organizations.
- Certain conditions need to be met, which vary according to the organization.
- Non-profit organizations have tie-ups with corporates and many other organizations that provide financial and material assistance to the needy.
- Plenty of non-profits have a provision to give free cars to the needy.
- You have to apply for their program and meet the eligibility requirements. If you do, you can obtain a free car.
While these methods work well to find a car, not all of them offer free cars, as mentioned previously. Some of them work towards providing a cheaper, affordable car, some even offer loans with a low interest. You can choose an option that suits you the best, depending on your job and family circumstances at the time. Also, remember to inspect the vehicle thoroughly before accepting it; you do not want to end up paying for the repairs.