Various factors such as the color of the car, the durability of the wax, etc., need to be considered when choosing colored car wax products. The information about choosing wax for automobiles and the tips for their usage would prove to be helpful.
The practice of car waxing comes under the category of auto detailing. Apart from this, auto detailing includes cleaning and polishing the car thoroughly. This process is not only done to prepare the automobiles for shows, but also to keep them in a sound condition. The original paint is preserved, and it fetches a good price for the owner at the time of resale.
Choosing wax for a car could be difficult at times, especially if one has to buy a colored variant. Given the numerous shades of color that are made available in the market by car manufacturers, one has very few options, when it comes to wax. In such cases, it is recommended to choose one that comes near to your automobile’s color.
Turtle Wax Color Cure
The turtle wax color cure products are available in colors such as black, blue, red, tan, and silver. The pigments and dyes present in these products have a special quality, which enables them to blend with various color shades. The color which is closest to the shade of vehicle needs to be chosen. The product comes with a color stick (carnauba wax based) and a chip stick.
Meruiar’s Color X
This product is easy to use and doesn’t contain any kind of harmful abrasives. The clarity of the coat too is restored by its use. The long-lasting protection provided by Meguiar’s synthetic polymer keeps the coat intact.
Dodo Juice Orange Crush Soft Wax
This product is suitable for vehicles with orange, yellow, red, and other warm metallic colors. However, it is most suited for orange and red colored automobiles. The addition of yellow beeswax and natural orange oil in this product, gives the coat a completely new and refreshing look; the natural orange oil is used for wetness.
Dodo Juice Purple Haze Soft Wax
Dark-colored cars can be waxed properly with the help of this product. The reflective coating of this product helps in protecting the vehicle from the harmful effects of UV rays, rain, and dirt. The product contains mountain wax and Brazilian carnauba. The dark-colored wax present in the product helps in enhancing the gloss and repelling water.
Car Waxing Care
The tips mentioned below would prove to be helpful while waxing the car.
- It is recommended to park the vehicle in shade during the process.
- The products may contain abrasives. The abrasives may damage the cars by affecting their paint. Thus, one should be careful in choosing the product.
- Prior to waxing, the vehicle needs to be washed properly and dried with soft cotton fabrics. Otherwise, the desired shine is not attained.
- The windows, door trims, glass, rubber trims, etc. should not be touched since, the wax leaves behind stains on such surfaces. It becomes difficult to remove the stains later on.
- The part/section of the vehicle which is waxed, need to be covered and afterwards, the coat should be removed gently.
- Waxing the car every 3 months is recommended to give it a refreshing and brand new look.
The basic information about these best colored car wax products and the tips about usage provided in the article would help in giving the car a nice look if followed properly.